The old assumption is that the best shoes for swollen feet can’t possibly be fashionable, but we’re here to challenge that assumption!
There are so many options and styles available today that deliver fabulous comfort and relief, you won’t have to compromise.
Swollen feet can be caused by a number of issues (many of which we’ll explore a little later in this article), and most of them aren’t cause for concern.
Just standing or walking for long periods of time is enough for the foot and ankles to swell.
Below, we’ll give you a list of some great shoes that’ll not only keep you up and at em’ if you’ve got to be on your feet, but are fashionable too!
Here Are The Best Shoes For Swollen Feet — Tried And Tested!
|1. Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe||Check Current Price|
|2. Easy Spirit Women's Traveltime Mule||Check Current Price|
|3. OrthoShoes Womens Edema Shoes Mesh Breathable Lightweight Walking Sneakers Air Cushion||Check Current Price|
|4. Skechers Sport Women's EZ Flex Flighty Majesty Slip-on Flat||Check Current Price|
|5. Slow Man Women's Walking Shoes Sock Sneakers - Mesh Slip On Air||Check Current Price|
|6. Crocs Classic Clog | Water Comfortable Slip on Shoes||Check Current Price|
1. Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe — Best Shoes for Swollen Ankles and Feet
This shoe is made for walking or standing all day long, and with the Skechers brand, you know you’ll be getting the best in comfort.
The Performance Women’s Go Walk 3 Slip-On is stretchy on the top and cushiony on the bottom, perfect for swollen feet on the go.
They feature Skechers goga mat return energy padded insoles for amazing bounce, and the lightweight rubber sole makes it feel like you’re walking on air all day.
The memory foam heel and vamp are so cushiony, you can say goodbye to blisters, and the padded heel loop makes them super easy to slip off and on.
In 16 fun, sporty colors and styles, you’ll want one for every day of the week!
- Materials: Synthetic Mesh Fabric Upper, Rubber Sole
- Available In 16 Styles And Colors
- Available in sizes 5-12
- Available in wide and extra wide sizes
- Great price for a high quality shoe
- Features Shechers goga mat insoles for ultra lightweight cushion
- Flexible, breathable mesh upper makes it stretch and conform to the foot
- Cushioned heel and vamp
- Easy on and off with the padded heel loop
- Some wearers said the shoes wore out too quickly after use
- Some reported the shoes didn’t run true to size
- Some said the quality of the shoe varied from pair to pair
Easy Spirit is a long-trusted brand when it comes to comfort, and the Traveltime Mule is perfect for those with swollen feet. The breathable, stretchable sneaker-style upper is both stylish and comfortable.
The mule heel gives swollen ankles the room they need, plus they’re easy to slip off and on for easy get-up-and-go.
A flexible outsole and rubber sole are lightweight enough to walk all day long but still provide the shock-absorbing support you need for tired, swollen feet.
They come in a whopping 55 choices of color and style, which is perfect, from what we hear, because those who love the way they fit and feel buy them in a color to match everything in their wardrobe!
- Materials: Leather/Fabric Upper, Rubber Sole
- Available In 55 Colors And Styles
- Available In Sizes 5-12, Including Narrow And Wide Widths
- Mule style is great for accommodating swollen ankles
- Durable yet flexible rubber sole for optimal shock-absorption with every step
- Breathable, stretchable upper is perfect for swelling feet
- Stylish design, perfect for everyday wear
- Some wearers reported the shoe wore out quickly with minimal wear
- Some said they didn’t run true to size
- Some reported they didn’t think the quality reflected the price
3. OrthoShoes Womens Edema Shoes Mesh Breathable Lightweight Walking Sneakers Air Cushion — Best Shoes For Elderly Swollen Feet
The mesh upper and velcro foot strap on these OrthoShoes Women’s Edema Shoes make them perfect for Seniors who need a little extra stability but also flexibility for swollen feet.
The strap can be adjusted to accommodate any degree of swelling, and the extra roomy box toe gives you the extra width if, like many seniors, you suffer from bunions or edema.
The soft soles feature an air-cushion design for optimal shock absorption through every step, and the style is perfect for any occasion.
OrthoShoes are specifically designed for the needs of those with foot problems that occur with diabetes, swollen feet, bunions, corns, calluses, arthritis and more.
They feature a cushioned, removable insole to accommodate custom insoles when needed.
- Materials: Stretch Fabric Upper, Rubber Sole
- Available In Four Colors
- Comes In Sizes 5.5-11
- Stretchy yet supportive upper featuring adjustable velcro strap is perfect for swollen feet
- Light, comfortable sole is sturdy enough to stand up to wear and tear
- Wider, reinforced toe box is great for those with bunions, edema, and provides protection from stubbed toes
- Padded insole provides plenty of cushion and shock absorption, but is also removable for orthotics
- Machine washable
- Some wearers said the shoes were quite noisy when walking.
- Some reported they wore out too quickly
- Some said they didn’t fit true to size
Skechers has given us yet another comfortable shoe that’s great for swollen feet, but they’re also so cute, we had to show them to you! The Skechers Sport EZ Flex is a slip-on fat that you’ll want to wear all day long.
The open, stretchy crochet upper provides great give and for those with swollen feet, and the rubber sole is lightweight and flexible enough to wear all day.
Goes great with anything: skirts, shorts, jeans, leggings, they transition easily from a day on your feet at work to an evening out for dinner and a long walk.
- Materials: Crocheted Fabric Upper, Rubber Sole
- Available In 6 Styles And Colors
- Available In Sizes 6-11
- Soft, flexible, stretchy upper is great for swollen feet
- Bouncy rubber sole keeps you comfortable and supported when you’re on your feet all day
- Super cute, fashionable design can be worn with just about anything
- Some wearers said the textured crochet of the upper wasn’t comfortable
- Some said they ran too wide, not true to size
- Some reported the insole wasn’t as cushiony as they needed
The Slow Man Walking Sock Sneakers provide the extra ankle stability you need if you’re prone to swollen feet.
Still breathable, stretchy and lightweight, the upper is made from 100% mesh fabric for the right balance of stretch and support.
The soles are light and springy, but also movement stabilizing so you get a good, solid step all the way through every time.
This reduces the chances of rolling an ankle, but the higher, sock-like upper provides just enough gentle squeeze to keep them fitting snug, but not too snug.
They’re also really fashionable, very cute with jeans, but also great with leggings for that Zumba class!
- Mesh Fabric
- Comes In 22 Different Styles and Colors
- Comes In Sizes 5 ½ – 11
- Very comfortable for walking, including for exercise
- Excellent arch support for flat feet
- Breathable, lightweight fabric
- Sock shoe design makes them easy to take off and on.
- High platform, cushioned sole designed for comfort
- Some wearers said the shoe wasn’t comfortable for them
- Not made for ankle support
- Some wearers said the mesh fabric was too loose
We had to include Crocs on our list here, they’ve had a loyal following for over a decade for their comfort and versatility, and we can see why.
Their unique Croslite material is made for stretch and optimal fit, while the pivoting heel strap can be worn over the heel, or pushed forward to wear as a mule (either way fantastic for swollen ankles).
They’re super lightweight, and with the ventilation holes, were practically born to be worn in or around water.
Comfortable enough to walk all day, tough enough to stand up to a day at the lake or the river, trendy enough to wear out and about, and flexible enough to accommodate even the most swollen feet.
We’re not sure how they could get more versatile!
- Materials: Croslite, Rubber
- Available In 50 Different Colors And Styles
- Available In Sizes 4-19 Womens, 2-17 Mens
- Super comfortable and lightweight
- Great for outdoor water sports, or wherever you want to walk comfortably
- Accommodating to swollen feet and ankles
- Comes in a ton of cute colors and styles, they’re really trendy
- Unisex design for all sizes
- Some loyal Croc wearers say the quality has decreased over time.
- Some said the heel strap was uncomfortable.
- Some said they didn’t run true to size
How To Find The Best Shoes For Swollen Foot Problems
When choosing the right shoe for your swollen feet, it’s important to consider what is causing your feet to swell. If the swelling varies from day to day or from morning to evening, chances are it’s just normal water retention.
If you’re experiencing swelling that doesn’t go away, or comes with other symptoms you should probably visit your doctor, it could be a sign of a more serious problem.
We are by no means medical experts, and to be on the safe side, we encourage you to consult your doctor if you have swollen feet or ankles.
Common Causes Of Swollen Feet
Fluid Retention Due To Excess Weight, Or Long Periods Of Sitting Or Standing
Decreased circulation, be it from extra body mass or inactive muscles, can cause retention of blood or water in the feet, ankles, and even the lower legs.
Meds like estrogen or testosterone adjusters, steroids, some NSAID’s, certain antidepressants, just to name a few can cause side effects of swelling in the feet and ankles.
Pregnancy, Or Hormonal Changes
Foot and Ankle Swelling is really common during pregnancy or with fluctuations in hormone levels.
If you’re pregnant and are experiencing vision changes, severe headache, nausea and vomiting, or abdominal pain, it could be a sign of preeclampsia, and you should call your OBGYN immediately.
A Few Reasons Swelling Can Be A Sign Of Something Serious
If you’re experiencing tenderness, pain, or discoloration in addition to the swelling, particularly if the swelling makes its way from the foot to the lower leg, it may be a sign of a blood clot and you should see your doctor right away.
Scarring of the liver can cause high blood pressure, and result in insufficient circulation in the feet, ankles, and legs.
These are just a few symptoms of cirrhosis that can accompany swelling.
When the body’s lymph nodes are damaged or removed, the body’s lymphatic system doesn’t function as well and can’t circulate lymphatic fluid effectively.
A Few Final Words
Staying hydrated, eating well, getting some exercise, and massage are all ways to take good care of yourself and reduce swollen feet and ankles.
In addition to taking care of your health and keeping in touch with your doctor, we recommend wearing the right shoes to help alleviate the discomfort of swollen feet or ankles.
Our choice for the best shoes for swollen feet is the Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe.
It provides all of the flexible stretch you need to accommodate swelling feet, as well as the comfortable stability and support to wear even on your busiest days.